View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #99
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
@Kiwidude Menu.
The menu has: DB quality checks, Book quality checks, DB Tools, Book Tools. And as someone noted: rarely apply to all formats

Quality check = is something broken/mis-matched
Tools = Report, Fetch or Clean
Is that a question, a statement or ?

Are you suggesting an alternate way of organising the menu or that the plugin is getting too large in scope?

The problem with putting stuff into separate "Check" and "Fix" menus is where you have stuff that is related. Take for instance the topical subject of jackets. Would you expect to find menu items to find books with problem jackets and then to do something about them by removing them together on the same menu, or in totally different submenus?

I am totally open to the idea of reorganising them - the effort of one submenu is no different to having multiple. It is just coming up with a structure that makes sense. You guys are the users, you tell me what would make sense to you

Oh and as far as the whole jacket identification is concerned, I think I've got a combination in mind that will be "close enough". The "jacket\d*.html" filename plus the tags of "<h2 class="calibrerescale2">Book Jacket</h2>" should hopefully work. If you have an example that does not meet that criteria feel free to share it.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote