View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #1
Slider1960
Connoisseur
Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slider1960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle PaperWhite, iPad
Gen 3 or BeBook (Hanlin)

My partner has offered to get me a reader for Xmas and with the potential sales bubble in these things it's probably best to move now than find them out of stock.

So far I have only physically played with the new Sony reader, but have eliminated it from my choices simply because I don't want to get locked into a single source for content. My reading will mostly be newer fiction - Sci Fi, thrillers and some work based PDF etc. so I really want support for the mobipocket format. I am aware of the dedrm script but would prefer not to have to jump through hoops just to have the Sony reader.

I have now really got my choice down to two products: the gen 3 (currently in stock and £179 from WH Smiths) or the BeBook (£229 online).

I can see a lot of posts here for the gen 3 and it seems to have a big user base, and few for the Hamlin, which is essentially what the BeBook is. From what I have seen, the numbered buttons on the BeBook might make navigation a bit quicker than the tocu thingie on the gen 3, but can see little else between them.

I am under pressure from her indoors to make a decision, and would welcome any info, or comments you can give.

cheers
Slider1960 is offline   Reply With Quote