View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 11:46 AM   #164
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Will the world really be better off when most of the rest of the creative talent of the world packs it in and becomes desk jockeys and cashiers?
Actually, that may be the kind of pain it takes to convince people (as in society at large) that there is a good reason to pay for things even when they have the option of not doing so.

I'd still rather come up with something to head off the pain, myself. Unfortunately, while I may be good at summing up ideas and explaining them clearly, I'm not always so good at coming up with them in the first place.

Here's a half-baked one, though. How about a combination membership and subscription type model. The membership/subscription would be really cheap or even free. Being a member allows you to purchase content (whatever that is) at reasonable prices, but everything you download is somehow indelibly identified in some way as being associated with your membership. Then if something you download shows up where it shouldn't your membership would be revoked. Perhaps with a way to demonstrate that you weren't responsible for the leak (like actual theft of your library) or you can buy your way back in for some sort of (large) fee.

There are a lot of holes there, but perhaps it'll give someone else a starting point for a better idea.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote