View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I haven't given up on Sony. My 350s (correction, my collection of 350s) are still my favorite reader that I still compare all others to.

But because of wanting a built in light, I'm using the Kobo Glo quite a bit now. I take my reader with everywhere and it's nice to not have to worry about also having to carry spare batteries with (or I'll admit the odd looks you get at weird appendages extending from the reader too). The Kobo Glo's hardware is fantastic, I think it's the best front-lit reader out there right now for me. But the firmware gives me nightmares, it's that bad. Each new firmware introduces new bugs instead of fixing old ones.

I'm still hoping Sony will see the light and possibly next year finally give us a front-lit reader. I'll immediately buy one if and when they do, even if I have to bribe someone in Canada or Europe to buy it for me and ship it to me in case they stupidly refuse to sell them in the US.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote