View Single Post
Old 05-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #13
Vandy
...always be humble.
Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vandy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s, iPod Touch 3rd Gen, Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle Fire
Interesting subject...

Hello, all.

I must echo other's posts concerning the idea of a book club being a good idea. It certainly has an appeal for me.

Personally, I would be willing to read and discuss just about any genre' so I don't have a problem with what is selected.

I do very much agree with astrangerhere (HELLO! from Durham) in that the last thing the book club needs is a discussion that decends into the bowels of dissention and strife.

The Free Dictionary states the following concerning discussion:

"dis·cus·sion (d-skshn)
n.
1. Consideration of a subject by a group; an earnest conversation.
2. A formal discourse on a topic; an exposition."

Discussing differences in opinions or interpretations is stimulating, fun and can be enlightening if approached with an open mind. Notice the definitions: consideration... earnest conversation... dicourse on a topic. I don't see argument or name-calling in any of the definitions.

My apologies for getting on my soapbox. Sometimes my passion carries me beyond where I should go...

Yes, I am quite interesting in a book club. It would be nice if the selections were readible available (read free).

Looking forward to more conversation on the issue.

Regards,
Vandy is offline   Reply With Quote