View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 11:32 AM   #9
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a Note 3. I read books on it sometimes. But I use my ereader (kobo aura) much more often. Generally the only time I'd read something on the note is if I just downloaded it, and don't have it on my reader yet (Everything on my reader goes through Calibre).

I like to sit outside in a park to read, and I can't do that with the Note. Also, when I read, I don't want to be disturbed. Having a device that'd surf the web, ping me with emails, chats from friends, anything else, means I'll be tempted to deal with those issues, while on a reader, it's just a book. I don't even connect mine to wifi for that reason.

Battery life is another issue, my Note lasts a day. Maybe a bit more. The reader goes for ages.

Oh, and well, my reader has a light, so it works in any lighting conditions, unlike the Note, which is only really good when out of direct light.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote