View Single Post
Old 03-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I would get the 800, but only if it meets your current needs. I've used both and have an iLiad sitting in the drawer. The 800 is far superior from a reading perspective (better battery life, faster in every way, smaller footprint, etc), but the iLiad does have features not available on the 800. They may be added in the future, but that's an unknown and I always recommend people not purchase devices based on possible future features.
I agree. I've got both an iLiad and a DR800, and the iLiad hasn't been touched since the DR800 arrived. If it were me, I'd definitely get the DR800 instead of having the iLiad repaired. Not only is it a better device, but you'll also have a new warranty, etc.

As you mentioned though, it doesn't have all of the features yet. If you really can't live without the zoom/annotations for the next couple months, then it will be a tougher decision.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote