View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
Former Kindle 1 Owner Seeks Advice: Nook vs Kindle 2

Okay, so here's the deal: I had a Kindle 1 when they first came out, but had to sell it a while back to pay some bills. I have scrimped and saved and gotten out of the hole and am in a good place now and have about $300 in gift money saved up to spend on an e-ink device.

I was really happy with the original Kindle, and the Kindle 2 seems pretty cool. I still have some unread books "in the cloud" that I was going to read on my iPod Touch, but just sold that because I now have a Droid. I personally didn't have any issues with the original Kindle at all.

So I come back and start sniffing around and see all this business about the Nook. I've read every Internet article on it that comes up, including on this site, so I've got that much info at least. At first I was thinking the Nook might be the way to go, but then I started thinking about how the color screen might actually distract me and I don't really need a 3 inch color android based browser anyway because I have the Droid. Add on to that all the delays in shipment, possible lawsuit in progress, and the Kindle books I already "have", I am now leaning back toward the Kindle 2.

So, I'd be interested in hearing from Kindle 1 owners who upgraded to the Kindle 2 to see what you think of the new experience. I'd also be interested to hear from Kindle owners in general if they regretted not pre-ordering the Nook.

In addition, does anyone know if there's supposed to be a new 6 inch type Kindle coming out anytime soon? I'd hate to drop all that money on a Kindle 2 only to have a new model come out a couple of months later and/or the price of the Kindle 2 then suddenly dropping.

Thanks for your help!
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote