Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:47 AM   #564
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
The gaffer does not keep track of continuity, and the name has nothing to do with "gaffs" meaning mistakes. The gaffer (my boss) is the chief set electrician.

And in defense of all the poor script supervisors out there (who ARE the ones watching for continuity...and for some reason are often cute young women....) stuff like the "magic rear view mirror" are NOT continuity errors. They are necessary filmmaker's choices so you can, in this case example, see the actors faces while they are in the car.

Storytelling trumps continuity every-time.

ApK
Oops. I knew that (gaffer's tape holding the microphone to the boom and all that). My memory isn't what it used to be (continuity errors and such). Sorry about that. Then where did the term "gaff" come from? Like this "technical gaff": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_K2GAc_pRI

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-24-2012 at 07:35 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote