View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #375
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
yes I've wasted too much time on this already.
I love a mystery so I took a copy of the faulty version & tried deleting stuff bit by bit & dropping it back into ADE e.g. removed cover, notes, index... eventually it worked but when I started over & tried to replicate that, I failed.
I saw that with the fails, ADE could not produce a sensible thumbnail, but as I say, I cannot replicate the issue reliably so time to move on I think.
At some point I opened & closed the sigil metadata editor but repeating that action alone was insufficient.

The calibre epub to epub convert is a good alternative to banging your head against the wall - it seems to fix stuff that otherwise is not obvious.

I am inclined now to NOT blame the modify epub plugin - I think user error i.e. me, is a far more likely culprit
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote