View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I completely agree that reading PDFs is just suckage.

The market just doesn't seem to be big enough. I read a lot of PDFs as well in university. It's just the way it goes. A better suggestion would be for the academic community to move away from PDF into something that is re-flowable so that people would have options of how to read things. But that will happen, probably after I'm dead.

Depening on what type subject area you are studying, you may be able to OCR convert some PDFs into other formats and just use a regular e-reader or a DX for convenience. But if you're in a field with lots of diagrams and charts it's going to be a struggle converting stuff.

Welcome to the forum by the way.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote