View Single Post
Old 07-05-2009, 03:04 AM   #9
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
When I read about Amazon applying for the patent, I thought about all the points that have been posted. What I am afraid will happen is that if Amazon leads the way, others will follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreenjoy View Post
I find it difficult to believe this kind of thing could be patented. It's hardly cutting edge.
There is a wider customer base for $$ now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Ads are OK -- assuming there is a price break.
I read for enjoyment and the blissful experience of NOT having to be interrupted by the "real" world. Ads inter-spaced in my reading would be invasive and extremely annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
However, I can just see this going to product placement:.
Which would make the reading experience like watching one long commercial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Everyone said paid cable TV couldn't possibly have ads; why would people pay for the shows *and* get stuck with advertising?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I pay for cable - and yet most of the stations have commercials.
I so remember the jokes made about how the companies would actually collect money for something that was FREE. Then later thinking that we would get commercial free TV if we PAID for cable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
If Amazon - or any ebook retailer - thinks they can get away with shoving ads into our books...I think they'll darn well try!
If it involves making $$.... the one in control makes the rules and sets the cost..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Never, EVER underestimate what companies are willing to convince themselves their customers will put up with. Especially in regards to advertisements..
Been there, Done that.... Saw that, Lived that... and PAID for that..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote