View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
I can tell you the reason I had not raised my price yet. I had not realized anyone else had done so. I have been thinking about doing so for awhile because, quite frankly, the margin I am left with at a $299 retail is so slim I may not be able to pay my wonderful new Oregon tax rate. With the others now at a higher retail I can safely increase my margin slightly and not lose all my sales to the others.

I dont want to do it before I have shipped the first batch so I will probably hold off until I have them in hand on Wednesday. But I dont see any way around it that will keep my business afloat.

The 902 will still be significantly cheaper than the Kindle DX and the least expensive 9.7" eink based reader on the market.

Mind you its not PocketBook the company that has raised the retail price. They still suggest $299 and havent raised my cost. I wish I could afford to keep it at that price. I just can't. If you'd like to blame someone feel free to blame the state of Oregon and their new business tax rates.

-Charlie Dulin
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote