View Single Post
Old 10-15-2007, 03:08 AM   #60
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
Easy come easy go. Below is my take on the difference between stealing and buying.

I buy a CD, pay a fair amount of money for it. Too excited to wait to get home to listen so unwrap it in the car and stick it in the player to listen to on the way home. Once home listen to it again in the lounge while looking at the cover art and reading the credits and lyrics (with a magnifying glass these days). Over weeks I get to know the CD and play it when my mood feels right for it, sometimes years and even decades later.

Download a bunch of stuff for free on the net, forget what you have or where it comes from, have so much stuff you are never sure what is what. Never get to know any of it very well and it eventually it goes missing from your hard drive or where ever it was you stuck it.

Stealing is not just about respect for the artist but respect for yourself as well.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote