View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 04:14 AM   #206
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
@Katsunami
You are right, I got lost in the post and I did look three times.

IMO geographical restrictions are sometimes in place to allow the same company (and Kobo is far from the only one) to take advantage of traditionally higher prices in some regions.

A matter of conscious I guess, and pressure to make the company successful, but should it be done in this way. Not in my opinion.
One again. They are bidding for a book. Do you mean that publishers should get together and agree not to use difference in regions to bid higher? That seems to me to be the kind of behavior that people here do not like. And the author will try to make as much money as possible. Or are you saying that the author are not allowed to try to make as much money as possible?

I suppose another alternative is to totally remove restrictions but that would make it impossible to get local editions of books and I thought that you wanted to have that most often. And they will sell less books since the marketing will not be targeted to the local market.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote