View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 08:25 PM   #14
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Heavily formatted material is a hot button for me right now. I recently put up a piece on Iwo Jima and the original was full of inset boxes, pictures in the middle of columns, etc.

The inset boxes I set all the way to the back so as not to interrupt the text flow and left a link where they had been. The pictures in the columns caused text to be broken and picked up 5 or 6 paragraphs later during the OCR process.

If you are working with OCRed material from a PDF, and you switch to a text view and it is impossible to select the column you want, it is possible to select the text in the normal mode and it will stay in the column and you can just copy it and put it into the document in book view.

If it is just text, then if you can get it to look good in the Reader Library or ADE you are pretty much good to go. Tables are the main exception to that rule. You MUST look at them in ADE or the Reader Library to see how they will turn out.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote