View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
0x55
userdefined
0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0x55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo ClaraHD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zavidos View Post
The ebook is not DRM protected, I usually use calibre for conversion, maybe with it I can do something?
I'm doing lots of this at the moment. Relevant settings are in the Calibre preferences under Conversion > Common Options, then both Look And Feel and Page Setup. Details are in the Calibre documentation.

You can fix other annoyances this way too, such as blank lines between paragraphs or text that can't be resized.

Alternatively, if you're comfortable editing CSS stylesheets, you can accomplish the same things with Calibre's Tweak Book function and a text editor. But conversion (the Convert Books command) lets you process lots of files at once.

_____
O/T DRM rant: It's true that DRM'd files can't be modified in this way without circumventing the DRM. This is just one instance of how DRM makes life suck for paying customers. I'm trying to tweak the CSS on a pile of purchased epubs, and it probably would've been easier to download pirated files than edit the epubs we paid for.
0x55 is offline   Reply With Quote