View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by uebyn View Post
Why am I still saying this NOW? Precisely because there're so many converts now, I'm wondering: why did you switch to ebooks? Have you forgotten the pleasure of books browsing, or is the e-book experience comparable to that of the old-school experience? Or has convenience displaced experience?
It's not often about "convenience". I often found the "experience" of browsing for books in a bookstore to not be as poetic and lyrical as those who wax nostalgic over them. I like libraries, where if I spend half an hour at the library looking at a book and then putting it on the shelf without officially checking it out, nobody looks at you like a freeloading cheapskate

I'm very glad about the ability to purchase things on line - when my kids were young, going from store to store to store to buy every blessed thing we needed or wanted was an exhausting chore - kids got cranky, and I don't like crowded malls/places anyway.... so e-books work for me.

Plus, there are so many that you can download for free. I was getting into the classics and after spending a good amount of money on paperback sales, I discovered I didn't even have to buy them!

So I will pitch the emotionally and physically exhausting 'experiences' and trade it for good ones.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote