View Single Post
Old 05-05-2008, 01:27 PM   #39
BarnOwl
BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!BarnOwl is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kindle III, Kobo Glo, Samsung Galaxy SIII
Maybe it depends on what you're reading on the Cybook. I use it only for reading lenghtly fiction novels and there is NO WAY to use the indicator as an exact reference to where you are in the book.

I have problems with storing the last read page when just turning off the device in 80% of the time. I have problems placing bookmarks in about 50% of the time.

The only way to be sure is when I am able to place a bookmark it will memorize this. The problem is if I read a few hundred pages in one go and I find out the bookmark function is NOT working (Simply not able to place a bookmark) it is too late! The only way to get back to the page you where in this case is to manually count the pages you're into a chapter so next time you fire the Bookeen up you know how much pages to count from the chapter number. Bloody irritating!

I have been reading ebooks on my Hx 4700 for years and I never had to worry about bookmarking. every time you turned the thing off or fell asleep you are sure if you start it up again you are exactly where you where. This is the case with Ubook reader, MS Reader, Palm Reader, Mobipocket reader and EReader.

So why does this not work flawless on a dedicated device?
BarnOwl is offline   Reply With Quote