View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #7
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I'm not sure the full reset wipes the file system... but yes... those were the steps I was planning
On an original Kobo the factory reset does not restore the database to the original. I know because I had a messed up database and did a couple of resets which achieved nothing before I followed the sticky noted above. (I understand for a gen2 device the factory reset actually does restore the datebase).

To completely wipe any personal things from the Kobo and make it "factory clean" I would do both the reset and the database restore.

Last edited by p_a_smith; 11-18-2010 at 09:04 PM. Reason: added last line
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote