View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepancake View Post
Started by removing/deleting all? traces of earlier attempts on the Kindle and also scrubbed the calibre library on the pc.
How? If you did it from anywhere else than the device itself, eject & let your Kindle update its catalog before doing anything else.

Quote:
Used Mobi MetaData to change/add the ASIN (nb deleted existing one that was very long and bore no similarity to the Amazon Kindle ASIN).
Left in the ISBN was this correct?
Nope, an ASIN is not an ISBN. (And the Calibre UUID you deleted is fine if you use Calibre's Send To Device).

(And which file did you edit? If you edited the file on your device, that explains everything: don't.)

Quote:
In 'Meta Data' removed existing cover and pointed to new cover which was/is 600x800 pixels, jpg, same as original just added a serial number of my own.
Serial number? Huh?

Quote:
Conversion was mobi input to mobi output - used 'page setup' to change setting to paperwhite as output.
In 'mobi output'
Used 'both'.
Did not select 'share'
If you only have KF8 capable devices, and don't care about portability, output to AZW3, you'll end up with smaller files.

Quote:
Did change to [EBOK]
Useless, just set it to a a string that you're pretty sure will never be used in a tag (personally, I'm using something in the vein of +PDOC, but that's because I actually rely on it sometimes, but that's another subject).

Quote:
As a small sidebar is there a difference between sending to the Kindle and simply dragging/pasting the file, as in another drive on the system? Does the 'send to' actually do something other than just act as a transfer method?
Yes, it actually sideloads the thumbnails. Hence my insistence on telling you to use Calibre's "Send To Device".

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-20-2012 at 07:51 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote