View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 01:30 AM   #7
abeonis
eBook DIYer
abeonis began at the beginning.

Device: K4, KF HD 8.9, Readium
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeonis View Post
Another solution could be to direct prospects to a web page that includes my sample. I exluded this option because you send your prospects far away from the "Buy with 1 click" button.
In amazon.es we don't even have the "Look inside" feature. Grrrr!

Actually, I challenge myself. If the prospect wants to load a sample, he/she problably has already in mind to leave the product page.

Best thing is to 1) test both solutions during 3 months each, 2) monitor sales results and 3) keep the best seller.

I am also not happy with the blind mode regarding the number of visitors to my Amazon product page. At least, in the case I direct prospects to the eBook promotional page in my web site, I will be able to track the number of visitors to this page coming from amazon, how long did they stay in this page, did they actually download my sample, did they give me their email address for further promotion, etc.

At least I have some "Performance Indicators". They are not perfect and give partial information. But even with an "non-calibrated" instrument, I'll be able to automatically track progress and check how well I am doing.

Any other reflection? As a DIYer, I don't have the big publisher sales support. And I am still responsible of my sales results among other responsabilities.

I am not anymore an author, I am a business owner. I like it or not.

Last edited by abeonis; 06-11-2013 at 01:49 AM.
abeonis is offline   Reply With Quote