View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
From the first time I used my Sony PRS-505, typical of the current vizplex screens, I thought it was way too dark. Yet I've only read one other person complaining of this.

So for me, I'd go for the new DX. Yeah, I'd miss the scribbled notes, but contrast is big for me.

It's all so personal. Some just hate certain button placement. Others hate glare. Still others hate plastic and weight. And then there's size preferences. Others love full touch or ePub capabilities, or the supported ebook store. If you could figure out what bothers you the most and what pleases you the most ...

If you don't mind too much the bother of the cycle of packaging and returning, you could do that. Return the 900. Utilize the Amazon 30-day return. If you don't like it sufficiently more than the 900, maybe Sony will have a new touch device with the 10:1 contrast ratio by then.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote