View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 09:58 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nqk View Post
. It is not large, it is huge. A friend of mine once asked me to convert for him some 1-2MB prc files (text only) and I could never see the job done in Calibre conversion. Probably I was not patient enough (more than 36 hours...). So what I did was to convert the prc to one huge html file - which could be done in no time - and Calibre Editor took cares of the rest. Much faster and time consuming.
A 16MB book is not particularly large. Many of the "Delphi Classics" collections are well over 100MB, and can take many hours to convert. As has been said, though, just let it run. It will either finish eventually, or report an "out of memory" error. For large books, running the 64-bit version of Calibre on a machine with >4GB RAM is the best solution.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote