View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #116
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Re: bison. I've had it twice in my life - once at a restaurant in New Orleans as a teenager, and a few months ago I picked up two pounds of ground bison at BJ's. Both times I found it ok, but fairly bland, and not nearly as tasty as beef. I think that's why beef caught on in North America, and bison did not.

I wonder if it isn't a question of what the animal was feeding on? Free Range chickens taste much better than factory-raised poultry. Grain-fed cattle (both steers and cows) taste better than those that only feed on hay and grass. And unfortunately, summer corn-fed doe is a hundred times better tasting than an old buck that's been feeding on spruce tips, pine needles, and bark.

When I think of the feeding regimen of Wegyu beef cattle, I can understand why most western beef costs so little in comparison. On the other hand, personally I prefer western/Australian beef over top quality Kobe beef. Biting into good quality Kobe beef, if prepared to western cuts, is like biting into a chunk of lard. MUCH too greasy. If pre-sliced and cooked on a Korean BBQ grill so the fat renders out, then all bets are off!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote