View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
What a wonderful gift!

FWIW, I've noticed my little nieces and nephews are quite rambunctious in general, but when it comes to electronic devices like Nintendo DSes, iPads, and iPod Touches, they are always quite good with them. I'm sure all kids are different, but this generation seems to have *some* understanding that these devices require a bit of care.
Nah. I've got nieces and nephews who won't hesitate to touch delicate electronics with saliva laden fingers or banging them against hard surfaces (granted, they're just 2~5 years old). For them, I keep my iPhone and iPad out of sight.

Most kids grow up with a bunch of gadgets around the home so using those gadgets tends to be second nature to them. It's just a matter of teaching them how to properly care for things and making them aware of consequences of not taking care of their stuff (e.g. if they break it, then you're not going to replace it).

Quote:
My 4yr old daughter & 8yr old son love playing on iPad. They know how to use it by themselves too.
Lol, not really surprised by that. If I were to give both a 4yr old and a 40yr old an iPod Touch. I'd trust the 4yr old to figure out how to use it first.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote