View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #298
cvbt
cvbt began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch
STN will not boot or charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truewt View Post
I'm having an issue with my nook STR unable to power up, totally. It's like dead.

The initial problem was the Nook booting up by itself and then proceeding to drain all of the battery. And now, after a charge of a good 8 hours, it still does not boot up.. It shows the animation of "charging" and that text saying my "Nook's battery charge is too low to power on, please wait 15 minutes" but this message is on display forever...

Any folks encountered a similar problem?
I have a similar problem: After having very short usage times (charging daily even with wi-fi off), my STN stopped working yesterday. It has the same "Please wait 15 minutes" note. I've tried pressing the "on" button for 20 seconds and then pressing it for 10 seconds: it will not boot. I have plugged it in to the adapter and to a computer; the orange light does not come on - it will not charge.
I'm very tempted to do the process recommended for the other nooks: remove the battery, plug it in, boot and reinstall the battery. This will require disassembly which I believe I can do having seen the tear down photos on TR.
I live in Thailand and do not have access to a B&N store.
cvbt is offline   Reply With Quote