View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Is "pdfmanipulate crop" broken?

I'm trying to use the pdfmanipulate crop command line program that comes with calibre to crop some PDFs. I've done this regularly in the past with older versions of calibre, but since updating... (I'm on v0.7.24 now, on Arch Linux x86_64), well, I always get an error.

It spits out the following:

Code:
$ pdfmanipulate crop sample.pdf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/pdfmanipulate", line 19, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/pdf/manipulate/cli.py", line 61, in main
    return COMMANDS[command].main(args, command)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/pdf/manipulate/crop.py", line 145, in main
    crop_pdf(args[0], opts, mi)
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/ebooks/pdf/manipulate/crop.py", line 105, in crop_pdf
    output_pdf = PdfFileWriter(title=title,author=author)
TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'title'
I get this on any PDF I attempt, whether or not I set the -x -y -v -w options, or use -b with a bbox output from ghostscript, or what-have-you. The error seems to have something to do with metadata, but I wasn't attempting to do anything with metadata.

I can start a ticket about it of course, but wanted to see if I was the only one having the problem before whining to the devs about it.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote