View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #9
amoroso
Groupie
amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amoroso ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for Android, Google Play Books
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
Um, sorry - Geo restrictions are a *much* bigger deal, since they effect pretty much everyone who buys e-books.
I agree, but I brought operating system issues to the attention of the ebook reading comunity because they are less known, but are very annoying for a non negligible number of users -- and yet another lost opportunity for publishers and bookshops.

Quote:
I'm sorry you're having trouble, but complaining because of Linux 'discrimination' is a little, well, whiny.
Whiny? Absolutely. This is a major source of frustration. In this case I think using "discrimination" is more appropriate because it excludes a whole class of users, while a restriction applies only to some.

Quote:
Lots of software won't work with it - it's a niche product, but you knew that when you installed it, right?
Yes, I did know. My decision to use it is an acceptable tradeoff, not an optimal solution.

Quote:
I'm sure some other Linux users here will help you if you ask.
I did find valuable information in the MR archive, but it's what I referred to as "jumping through hops" in my original post. Given all this, my currently preferred option is to not buy DRM ebooks.
amoroso is offline   Reply With Quote