View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #57
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I have an oldish linux in this computer, and it's already a bit crammed. My last experiences with Wine here were rather disappointing (like all text disappearing, it was impossible what the menus and buttons were for), so I decided it was better to install it somewhere else.
Ah, fair enough. If/when you have GNU/Linux running on a more newish computer, ADE under Wine 1.0.1 runs 100% perfectly, with no glitches whatsoever.

Quote:
Oh, my! I refuse to add that sort of markup to my books. It gets even more confusing if you have:

<p>—These em dashes are <em>like parentheses</em>!—</p>

Since <em> and <span> have to be properly nested, you'd have to close and reopen the <em>.
Alas, yes :-/. You could use Word Joiner and programmatically transmute so-joined text into the admittedly unfortunate markup.

Quote:
EDIT: Another thing DE seems to do is ignore the "linear=no" spine property...
To be fair though, the OPF spec does say that reader systems may ignore the distinction between primary (linear="yes") and auxiliary (linear="no") content.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote