View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 05:49 AM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pithikos View Post
Does it feel comfortable though to read technical books on m92? On many places(stackoverflow) I read about Kindle DX that it's annoying as you can't skim forward and backwards in the same way as in a book, something that is essential for technical books according to some commentors. Don't you sometimes get annoyied and wish you had a book instead?
M92 is a way better than Kindle DX. I would not recomend Kindle DX for any serious scientific reading. M92 is doing the job for me. It still needs some improvements, but I can see the great leap in quality of firmware in past 15 months. And many improvements are in development. Really, many thanks to Booxstor.

M92 is faster than K.DX. The flipping of pages is not as fast as with real book, but the advantage to have all your books articles handy with me overweights most of disadvantages.

The biggest disadvantage is, if you need to work with several texts at the same time. In that case, I use paper and floor. :-)

It will get better, when M92 will get multitasking ability (is currently in development), but still... Sometimes, I need to see several sheets at the same time. Only buying several M92 would do the job.

Another thing that might make a problem is, if the book is written with two page layout in mind. In M92, you may see only 1 page, not two pages side by side. It may change in future, if there is enought demand for this feature. Or one may re-structure pdf and "print" it two pages on one sheet...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote