View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
While I can understand the technological breakthrough of a bendy phone or reader, I just don't understand the reason for its use ?
I remember first reading about this, as a possibility, decades ago. The thought was that this would be close enough to the form factor of a newspaper to replace newsprint. But, personally, my preferred newspaper form factor is now a 6 inch eInk device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The most important aspect of it isn't so much the "bendiness", but the fact that a reader with such a screen, even if rigid, would be a lot more resilient to accidental breakage.
For someone as clumsy as I am, definitely. But, somehow, I will find a way to do it in. Can one of these pups make it through a dishwasher cycle?
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote