View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecdc7731 View Post
Is there a way or any plans for direct download and purchase from a website other than Google Play or Amazon Appstore? I don't own an android phone (or other android device) that allows me to get the app and sideload it to my Fire HD and obviously, Amazon appstore won't let me get it?

Thanks
Sorry, but no plans. We are still talking to Amazon about getting CC into the Kindle section of the app store, but they aren't being encouraging. Our suspicion is that they feel that CC would make a hole in their garden wall. They also could be concerned about the support issues that would certainly arise because of the difficulty of integrating with the built-in kindle app.

If you are brave and sufficiently technical then you could root your HD and install google play. However, given that an oops can lead to a bricked HD with no possibility of recovery, this is something to be approached with a great deal of caution.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote