View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #729
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
With the help of hammer, chisel and pile of damns I've managed to make oridinary U-Boot that includes fastboot "server", automatically goes straight into fastboot mode on booting and could be loaded with imx_usb_loader. I've used Yifan Lu's fastboot client to get idme var and it worked. And I have no desire to overwrite my partitions now Note, that check command will not return real result (as crc32 checking function was removed to decrease file size).

Of course, I can't say for sure, whether it really does not require bist U-Boot, as I has no serial console access and can't check the log. So sorry for disappointment if it will not work as described. Report me and I will delete attachment.

(Patch to original U-Boot source will be provided soon, if it really will work; just let me day or two to tidy up that mess of impulsive edits.)
That is effing awesome! I was dreaming about doing that "someday". It must have taken significant effort to add in the fastboot part of bist and then "condense" it down to just the essential parts to boot fastboot.

Thanks. This will certainly help those who erased their u-boot bist from mmc. I can't wait to test this out (but not now).

Be sure to put it in the Tools and K5 indexes...

Again, Thanks! Max karma to you for this post (when it will let me give you some again).

EDIT: I announced your tool in the simple debricking first post. I hope you do not mind hot pink.

EDIT2: I plan to replace the fastboot.bin in the MfgTool package in the Select Boot thread with this fastboot.bin, after I test it and make sure that it works correctly on both K4 and K5. Meanwhile, those who need it can do that themselves. But I prefer using the imx_usb_loader tool these days instead of MfgTool, so I can use only linux on my host PC.

Last edited by geekmaster; 10-20-2012 at 09:24 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote