View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 06:08 AM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
No need to apologize for your English -- it communicated what you wished very well.

This is a fine section for this post.

PDF files on the Reader are indeed "some silly joke." I realize that it is possible to get PDF files which work on the Reader, but it's not easy. I haven't noticed the gray background, but then I was so frustrated by the way PDF files are displayed so I haven't spent much time with them. You can convert them to LRF files using Calibre if the PDF files are mainly text. In Calibre you can define different fonts for your lrf file. I don't know how this works for character sets not native to the fonts on the Reader, so I can't advise about that. Possible raising the question at the Calibre web-site will get you the most knowledgeable answers.

I do hope someone with more knowledge about this chimes in. You might consider copying this post to the Content subforum.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote