View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 03:10 PM   #71
Jiiri
Enthusiast
Jiiri has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
I just wanted to say thanks to tompe for spending your time and talents on this program. I think there is a real need for this program - I am new to ebooks (Kindle owner) and immediately went to PG to get some books. Also, I found this site and have been enjoying the books that all the great uploaders put here.

The problem became obvious immediately: The metadata wasn't showing up for most .prc's that are freely available from public domain sources. On my Kindle's browser, books would show up as MILL_UTILITARIANISM, or just BLEAK HOUSE, etc. Nothing was showing up for most books under the author line.

My plan has been to buy a 4GB memory card and every book that I buy/download to just leave it on my Kindle, so I don't have to worry about moving books on and off the reader. When the metadata is inconsistent or just missing, it's going to make it extremely hard to find a book I need once a few hundred books get on there.

I haven't yet figured out how to use Mobiperl, but I'm going to work on it in the next few days. Thanks for the program - I just wanted to let you know that your work is appreciated, this tool is much needed and will help people make their books look correct on our readers.

Jiiri
Jiiri is offline   Reply With Quote