View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
steinarb
Enthusiast
steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.steinarb is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS T-1
Sony PRS T-1 won't open epub created from zip file

I have created an ePub from a zip file from the Yahoo! Hadoop Tutorial. The ePub shows up fine in the Calibre ebook reader, and in fbreader.

But when I try to read it in my Sony PRS T-1 reader, the reader immedately returns to the Home menu. I.e. the ePub file won't display in the Sony.

Has anyone seen something similar? Is there a way to get debugging output from the Sony? Is there a "lint"-like utility for ePub files?

I have attached a zip file containing the export of the book from calibre, i.e. containg the original zip file, an opf file, a cover, and the created ePub file.

I created the zip file by downloading and unpacking the zip file on the tutorial's home page, removing all of the example code (reducing it in size from 600+MB to 0.3MB), and adding a toc.html as indicated by the calibre documentation.

Note that the cover says calibre 0.8.51, but I am currently using calibre 0.9.5.

The output profile in calibre is set to "Sony reader".

Thanks!

- steinar
Attached Files
File Type: zip hadooptut.zip (999.8 KB, 262 views)
steinarb is offline   Reply With Quote