View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #76
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
No. Sneaking into a movie theatre is more like breaking and entering. It is a completely different thing, and it's wrong on many levels.
Break and enter?

Ahhh, no. If the local constabulary were pushed to apply the law to a couple of fools caught sneaking into a cinema, then the charge would be "Trespass" not "Break and Enter".

Break and Enter is forced entry to a property. Simply opening an unlocked door and walking in is not construed "Break and Enter", especially if it is in the context of sneaking into a cinema to try and watch a movie free.

In reality, police would baulk at even charging for any offence, rather issuing a caution. As my brother in law and cousin have often told me, the paperwork for such a trivial offence is often not worth the time and effort, drawing them away from the real work of policing.

Last edited by sabredog; 10-04-2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: typos, I cannot type a damn....
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote