View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
anamardoll
Chasing Butterflies
anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anamardoll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Uses batteries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
One guy I'm friends with on Facebook recently had a really weird review from a lady on Amazon. She said, "Loved the book! 5 stars! But taking off two because it was too short." o_0;; Seriously.
I had something similar: one of my lowest ratings on GoodReads (3 stars) last I checked and if I recall correctly (I try not to check often, I can see it becoming a compulsion) was something like "I loved it, but I'm rating it poorly because it was too short."

Which... I guess is a compliment? I mean, 20 chapters, clearly marked from the get-go with a Table of Contents, but apparently it felt abrupt to the reader.

It doesn't help, I guess, that my book "feels" longer in terms of the page-count because there's a big deconstruction post at the end. But since my deconstructions are what made me Slightly Popular On The Internet, it's kind of what I *do* and my regular readers expect it.

Sometimes I'm glad I haven't done the Amazon Free Promotional stuff. I've heard that people with unusual books can get slammed hard on reviews, based on mistaken expectations from all the people who got it for free.
anamardoll is offline   Reply With Quote