View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 11:41 AM   #16
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Favorite Quotes/Scenes/Etc.

The first and best impression reading this left with me, is the realization that Dickens had a sense of humor. Only having read Great Expectations before (and as a young teen), I did not know that about him and his writting.

What are you favorite parts, scenes and/or quotes from The Christmas Carol (funny or otherwise)?

I have a few, but the following two made me laugh:

Quote:
Old Marley was as dead as a door-nail. *Mind! I don’t mean to say that I know, of my own knowledge, what there is particularly dead about a door-nail. I might have been inclined, myself, to regard a coffin-nail as the deadest piece of ironmongery in the trade. But the wisdom of our ancestors is in the simile;
and

Quote:
Oh! But he was a tight-fisted hand at the grindstone, Scrooge! a squeezing, wrenching, grasping, scraping, clutching, covetous, old sinner!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote