View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 01:31 PM   #12
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I had planned to read Wicked, but earlier this year I had an extremely hard time getting through Maguire's Confessions of a Wicked Stepsister, and now I'm hesitant to read anything else by Maguire. Confessions seemed remote--I couldn't get into any of the characters--and way too long--the added layers of plot seemed too weighty for the simple Cinderella story. I wanted to love it, and I didn't.

If anyone's read both Confessions and Wicked, how do they compare?
I have read both plus others of his. To me, Wicked is by far the best. All the rest are only so-so, including Wicked's sequels. Wicked was his first novel of this sort I think, and I think it was his one big "A-ha!" moment of creativity, deciding to write a book from the viewpoint of the Wicked Witch. The others after that are pale imitations on a theme. Also, Wicked is edgier than the rest and deals with more issues.

Now, who wants to talk about that night club scene?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote