View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #9
nmss
nmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy bluenmss can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Arc, Kindle Paperwhite
I just bought a black one. I don't really like the feel of it. I think I'll return it in a few days if I don't change my mind. My initial thoughts:

- in the "type" stance, the screen is probably too small to really type like a full keyboard, so it's not that much better for typing. Also, the home screen, app drawer don't rotate to landscape, so if you're multitasking, get used to twisting your neck.

- In the "watch" mode, it's not very stable. So when you're tapping the menus, play/pause, etc, you have to be gentle or the folded cover might come undone and it will flop over.

- When opened or closed, the cover adds a fair amount of thickness to the overall package. Without the case, I can easily palm the Arc. But with the case, because of the material it's made out of, it's not so easy.

I'll try it out for a few more days before deciding, but for $50, I don't think it's worth it.
nmss is offline   Reply With Quote