View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You can ignore the extra text reference in the guide. That's just a quirk of mobi_unpack as far as I know. And even if it's not ... well then Kindlegen is introducing it and you can't do much about it anyway. All evidence points to this being a MOBI vs KF8 issue with regard to the handling of the "Start Reading" feature on the latest K4 firmware.

For what it's worth. I've never used anything other than 'title="Start" type="text"' or 'title="Text" type="text"' to mark my desired Start Reading point when using Kindlegen. But I don't have a K4 device to check it on. Also make sure you download the very latest version of the Kindlegen/Previewer (v2.5.1).

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-24-2012 at 08:53 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote