View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #33
saltek
saltek began at the beginning.

Device: Enso ZenPad
Okay, so I'd rather not take the chance of wasting $205.00. (For that matter, it could essentially reduce the cost of a iPad to $294.00, vs. losing the money completely and actually buying the cheapest @ $499.00) So, I opened up a refund request in PayPal, and when I clicked to proceed, it immediately indicated:

"Your seller is currently unable to respond to this dispute. By escalating your dispute to a claim, you are asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

PayPal will review the transaction details and may contact you for additional information. We will make every effort to resolve this claim within 30 days.

PayPal will review your communication with the seller and may contact you for additional information. We'll make every effort to reach a decision within 30 days.

If this claim is decided in your favor, PayPal will make every effort to recover funds from the seller. We will investigate this matter fairly and, if you win, recover whatever funds we can"

So, they have my cash taken from checking account via PPal. I suspect it should turn out okay. When it asked why I "escalated" the claim, (which, of course, I was given no choice,) I chose the "reason to believe is fraudulent," because that's what I now believe.

Thanks for the engadget heads up. If they end up shipping some day, then I'll get one on eBay or get something else.

Good luck all,
Steve

PS The funny thing is I NEVER, EVER do what I did here with the so-called ZPad. I actually did it on the strength of the engadget article in the FIRST place!!
First and LAST time.

Last edited by saltek; 04-09-2010 at 03:27 PM.
saltek is offline   Reply With Quote