View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #39
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
@jabberwock: Out of interest, what is it that puts you off using Amazons service and email your books to their archive? Is it the 5GB limit on personal docs or the need to install the kindle app on none kindle devices to access the cloud?

Both understandable issues if you just want to fire up a web browser on any device and log in/read. But I was wondering if there's more to your objection than that?

Quote:
My issue is that several folks have attacked me for wanting to stream my ebooks using a cloud service.
I'm not sure they're attacks, they're just disagreements which always happen on forums with so many different people holding different opinions. It's what makes this place so interesting really.

It's also common because not everyone who posts asking how to do XYZ has actually considered the implications of doing XYZ rather than the alternatives. You may have worked through the possible issues already, but people reading your thread in the future may not have, so to see your views questioned and your response as to why you're happy with those issues or how you'll handle them, may help someone else decide to use the cloud or stay away from it.

Last edited by JoeD; 12-01-2012 at 07:29 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote