View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 03:47 PM   #14
captaingeorges
Zealot
captaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enoughcaptaingeorges will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook, Iphone32g, ipad, Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by chel View Post
Hi
I just joined today and I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem that I'm having with my Cybook. I purchased it last week as I have been after an ebook reader to complete my university reading list. I am an English and Philosophy student so you can imagine how many books I have to read and how little time I get to spend in one place.
What attracted me to the Cybook was the fact that it could be used on both mac and windows. I am primarily a Mac user but I use a windows machine at uni. I've tried charging it up over two consequetive days but I have been unable to get it to register on either. It did come up briefly on a windows machine at uni briefly but then the windows system crashed. When I tried it today it just came up with USB device not recognized. What's more I have never been able to get it to work on my mac.
I am at the stage where I am practically beating my head against a brick wall trying to get some sense out of it and posting here really was a last resort. I have tried emailing Bookeen but, as yet, have heard nothing.

I don't know if this is connected to the problem but the other problem I am having is that it says connected on the device even when it is not.

I can't even access the user manual to see what it says as my mac doesn't support the file.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help!!!!!!!
Hi Chel!

My Cybook has never been connected to a PC... So there should not be any problem with your Cybook on a Mac.

First you have to make sure that it is properly charged. 3-4 hours. Do you have a charger or do you use the USB connection ??? If you Cybook is well charged, and turned on, it should show up on your mac as one volume or two, depending if your SD card is in or not.

Regards

Georges
captaingeorges is offline   Reply With Quote