View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 04:18 AM   #10
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Today I stumbled over this short YouTube clip demonstrating flexible and full color e-paper displays from E Ink.
This is from this year's SIGGRAPH conference. Some more info in this PCWorld blog article:

Quote:
The first I managed to get close to was a color EPD display (pictured, above), which looked quite appealing despite its low (11:1) contrast ratio. (Oddly enough, in the exhibition's low light it gave the images the organic appearance of aged paper.) Another demonstrated animated images on a paperlike e Ink display (below). Michael McCreary, e Ink's vice president of research and advanced development, told me that they had managed to use e Ink to display full-motion video, but I couldn't get back in time for a demonstration.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote