View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #2
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Perfect. They get famous in foreign markets thanks to scanlations, and then they fight them. I've visited several anime and manga forums, and people always talk about buying the deluxe edition or the figurines or the boxed dvd or whatever - even though they've already read the scanlation or seen the fansub.

Fansubs of unlicensed anime are a legal gray area. Animesuki for example routinely hosts them, and then takes them offline as soon as they hear of a deal with a US publisher. However I managed to get a very nice threatening letter about downloading one such fansubbed episode. The anime was not licensed, and I had no way to buy the original product, language being only one of the barriers. Needless to say that the specific anime will never, ever get my money.

They should be thinking of reaching more people and instead they decide to limit their options. Who am I to say it doesn't make sense?
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote