View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 10:53 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by daesdaemar View Post
This refers to an issue with an ebook file on my Sony 505, but I believe it has more to do with the formatting and thus I chose this forum as opposed to the Sony 505 forum.

I have a book in rtf format that I cleaned up, converted to html in MS Word, and then to lrf in Book Designer 4. It is a short book with the file size being only 0.5 MB. I import the ebook to Calibre and then to my 505. When I open the book in the 505, it actually goes through the formatting process for several hours before the book finally opens up, and each page turn takes 2 or 3 times longer than any other book I have. I have re-done the book several times and still get this strange behavior. Any ideas?
Why convert it to HTML in Word? BD will take the RTF directly without all the junk Word put into it's HTML. If you want PM me for an email addy and I'll try you file on my 505 to see if it does the same thing (or send the HTML0 and I'll process it in my BD install to see if anything different happens).

Quote:
Originally Posted by llasram
At least judging from Kovid's version control log comments, Book Designer produces pretty terrible LRFs. Try just converting the HTML to LRF (or EPUB!) directly with Calibre?
Do you know what's supposed to be wrong with them? I've made dozens of LRF's in BD and haven't had any problems with them.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote