View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I prefer using the Calibre server to Dropbox because of the search/sorting ability and the catalogue aspect (you can see your covers and synopsis for each book) which dropbox doesn't have.
First you need to know your computer's local ip address:
EDIT: you no longer have to open a cmd screen to find your IP address... Calibre now detects it and lists it in it's user interface. You can find it by clicking on the arrow next to the "Connect/share" icon in the main toolbar. It will be on the 3rd line down in the pop-up window.
1- Write the ip address down so you can enter it into your reader's browser window later.
2- On PC, make sure Calibre is ON, (Connect/share icon in toolbar is GREEN). I usually leave Calibre open on my laptop and the server always on.
3- On the Sony ereader, ensure Wifi is ON, open a browser window and type:
(http://192.168.1.110:8080/browse (where 192.168.1.110, is your own local ip address you had written down, 8080 is the default Calibre port.)
4- Set this address as your home page on your reader's web browser in order to return to it easily; it will display the following choices in the Calibre menu on the web page in your reader's browser:
- newest
- all books
- authors
- languages
- publishers
- rating
- series
- tags
Tapping one will bring you to a menu which displays the book covers, synopsis and a "get" button below each cover to allow you to download the book chosen.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 09-10-2012 at 04:58 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote